Now that I'm old it's a hundred times worse. However, I am deploying a lifetime of heatwave lessons learned.
- Rolling in mud is a great way to stay cool. If your dog walker does not wipe you down, the human will hose you down with cold water when she gets home.
- If you do roll in mud to cool off, make sure to lay on the sofa when you get home. Humans love it when you do that.
- Heatwaves make life pretty boring. There is a lot of time to fill hanging around the house in the air conditioning. I find that gnawing on rolls of toilet paper, licking my butt and licking my belly are all good ways to pass the time.
- If you look sad and pitiful enough, your human will be more likely to pack you into the car and take you to the lake for an evening swim.
- The basement is the coolest place to be - and if you are lucky enough to have a bathroom down there, that toilet has the best, coldest water. Yummmmy.
Just a few tips.
Time for my nap.