Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Puddles

I know I've written about puddles before, but after last night, I felt it was worth writing about them again.

Because I love them so very much.

We went to Bronte last night. A nice spring evening, around 11 degrees. The sun was setting and a full moon was rising. We wandered through an area of the woods that rates high on my spring puddle rating scale:

1 - no spring puddles
2 - one or two spring puddles in walking territory
3 - there's a puddle every five minutes or so, and about half are good for rolling in
4 - puddles every few minutes, 75% waddle/roll/sink into quality
5 - omfg, puddles EVERYWHERE, huge puddles, ones you can run in AND puddles you can swim in

The woods we walked in rate a 4. Generally a 3, but the existence of a spring pond at the exit point bumps them up one point. This pond rocks. Swam in it last night - pure happiness.

For me, well, it's just not enough to get my paws wet or drink out of puddles.

I need to be the puddle, be one with the puddle, you know?

I hear we may be heading to a 5-star spring puddle park on Friday.

OMG.

No comments: