Thursday, April 4, 2013

She bought me something...

The human came home Tuesday night all excited about something. Not knowing what it could be, but picking up on her energy, I went along with the excitement. She fed me, then took me out. Our usual routine.

Until I peed.

Usually we keep walking.

This time, though, as soon as I peed she started saying 'ok, boo, come see your new car!!' and getting all excited again.

All this was meaningless to me, of course.

She led me to our driveway and to an open door, then said 'ok, up up, boo!'

I sniffed the thing I was supposed to jump into.

Didn't smell like us.

Didn't smell like me.

Didn't smell like anything familiar at all.

So, screw her.

No way I was going 'up up!'

I pulled back between her legs.

She tried to coax me forward.

I deployed the four-paw plant technique. Quite effective.

Until she deployed the 'treats on the seat' technique.

I sniffed. And caved.

Gingerly and with some hesitation still, I slowly climbed into the passenger seat of this new vehicle.

Sniffed everything around me. Got a bit of mud on the brand new seat, you know, to mark it.

She got in the other side, and off we went. I kept sniffing, she kept yapping. 'this is your new Jeep, Boo! You're going to love this, Boo!' blah blah blah.

Actually, once I checked it out, I did like it. She tells me we can take the top off it when it's warm.

This could be a very good way to spend my 13th summer after all.

No comments: