Friday, June 20, 2008

Bunny hunting

Last night we went for a walk at Bronte after dinner. Another nice, cool night. I didn't get to go off leash because there were too many cars in the off leash area (and I'm a bit of a bitch lately). But it didn't matter - I had a ton of fun anyway. We parked over by the farm. I got to see peacocks, chased a bunny (until I hit the end of my leash), saw some pigs and had a great wander and sniff through the woods.

Once we got through the woods, we wandered down some nice paths, through some long grass.

I heard movement in the grass - knew I had to act fast. I flew through the air, rose above all the tall grasses, and pounced on the area I figured the prey was headed. But I missed. And I couldn't chase it because of the damned leash. Still, I had room to sniff and explore and leap a few more times when I thought I heard movement. I felt so....primal. The human told me I looked like a deer, the way I sailed through the air above the grass.

Take THAT, arthritis and back pain!

No comments: