Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hello readers! One tired out German shepherd here. I ran a bit too much today, given that my arthritis is bugging me. Couldn't help it - we got to Bronte and Diane and Cosie were there - happy, happy happy! We had a great walk, played in the creek, I rolled in some mud (Cosmos is such a lady - she tiptoed through it), and met a few dogs. Good times. On our last walk of the day, I saw Riley again and we walked together. Now I'm home and pretty damned tired. And smelly.

Had a rather humiliating experience the other night. I was tired after a day of hiking and sleeping, and was snoozing over by the loveseat, upside down with my ass exposed for the world to see. The human came down to the floor to snuggle me (ugh) and, well, I think I farted but I'm not sure. This totally intense smell started coming from my butt. Next thing I know, the human is examining my ass. I kept snoozing. She got up, went into the kitchen - and I heard water running.

That is generally not a good sign.

I stood up in order to facilitate a quick escape if necessary.

It was futile. The human came out of the kitchen holding a wash cloth. I could smell shampoo on it. She lifted up my tail and - jesus - cleaned my ass. It was SO humiliating.

Some days...but, hey, I smell petal fresh now.

No comments: