Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Last night was weird - on one hand, wonderful, on the other hand, very confusing and stressful.

Human and I went for a nice after-dinner walk, the routine intact, my world was as I expect it to be. We hung out for awhile in the park across the street - she sat on a big tree stump while I laid in the grass and observed the world.

Then a big truck pulled into our driveway. She got all excited and said those magic words.

"Where's Adam????"

ADAM???

WTF?

ADAM IS OVER THERE?

Suddenly, I was a Mexican jumping bean, unable to keep my ass still or my feet on the ground, arthritis and hip displaysia forgotten as I bounded across the street.

Where I found Adam!

I went out of my mind with joy. His friend Jeff was there too. I also love Jeff.

Seems like a utopian night for a Boo, right?

Not so much.

Next thing I know, I'm attached to my human with a leash around her waist, and Adam and Jeff were hauling furniture and boxes out of the basement, from the upstairs area, into that truck.

I was so confused.

I panted, cried, paced, tried to stay as close to them as possible to supervise and attempt to decode their behaviour.

Oh, sure, they gave me occasional pats on the head etc. to reassure me. It didn't work - I immediatelly returned to panting.

The activity ended, and suddenly, after a brief goodbye, Adam and Jeff were gone.

I sniffed the house, trying to find them.

Then laid down and cried a bit.

And crashed like a stone.

Emotionally exhausted.

No comments: