Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thwarted

6am.

Dark.

Cold.

The human and I set off for our morning constitutional.

Strolling along when, suddenly, I smell something delicious.

I follow the enticing scent to the base of a coniferous tree.

I lean in, trying not to be obvious.

And then I continued along my way.

It wasn't for another five minutes or so that the human glanced down at me lovingly, and noticed grass sticking out of my mouth. Apparently, she also noticed how my jaw was set. Slightly open. Like, slightly holding something big that I had yet to consume.

It began.

'Storm, drop it!'

I looked up at her like she was insane...drop what?

'Storm, drop it now!'

Forget it.

Next phase began.

The human leaned over, pried my jaws open and began shaking my head up and down until the delicous piece of frozen leftover pizza fell to the ground.

I licked my lips to gather any traces of the pizza I could and continued on my way.

No comments: