Monday, February 20, 2012

Working Girl

Family Day.

A day when Ontarians don't have to go into the office, and instead, are encouraged to spend quality time with their loved ones.

A day which federal employees do not have off...but their dog walkers do.

A day which German shepherds would prefer to enjoy their usual weekday routine instead of being stuffed into the car at 7:00 am and driven into downtown Toronto.

Upon arrival, I was ushered into a very small room. The human pressed a button on the wall - and the goddamned room started moving. I stared hard at the floor and tried to figure out what the hell was happening, but before I could, it was over.

We arrived at the human's office. I summarily examined the garbage cans in each office and found them, frankly, lacking.

I've rolled my treaty ball around a bit.

Been for a walk downtown, where I discovered I do not like sewer grates or streetcar tracks. Homeless people sleeping on the sidewalks are ok, though.

After lunch, I'm going to get to work developing some proposals for the next federal budget. Leaning toward allowing Canadians to choose whether they receive their annual income tax refunds in cash or an equal dollar value in dog biscuits.

It's good, yes?

No comments: