Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hmmm. It appears I am getting old.

Seriously.

All of a sudden, I am slipping on the hardwood floors more. I trip on the stairs, am less confident going down hills, walking over bumps in the road. On Sunday, I dropped a liver treat right by my face, and damned if I could find it.

Yesterday, the human tried to pull me away from some goose crap (god, it was delicious) and my hind end gave out. When she pulled me, I fell and flipped right over onto my back.

I want to sleep more, too.

That being said, I still revel in a good puddle roll and post-roll wet dog run. I still like to eat toilet paper from the roll on the wall, and yesterday I chased a robin.

But I am definitely more cautious now. About almost everything.

I hear I am headed to the vet tomorrow, no doubt to step up pain management for my arthritis. The human knows she cannot make my body young again. She is accepting it, slowly. But I know she will help me to feel comfortable as my body continues to age.

sigh.

3 comments:

ZumbaPhinz said...

I'm so sad that my almost 12 year old baby is in the same boat. I love her so much.
Ginger is her name.
Peace to you.

ZumbaPhinz said...

Thank you for this.
I'm heartbroken over my 12 year old GS "Ginger." I love her so much. Many of the same things are going on.
Peace to you.

ZumbaPhinz said...

I'm so sad that my almost 12 year old baby is in the same boat. I love her so much.
Ginger is her name.
Peace to you.