Sunday, March 1, 2009

Strange morning yesterday. The human indicated that it was time to get into the car, which, on any given weekend morning means we are headed for a hike. I stepped up to the passenger side of the car and noticed a large envelope on the floor. I sniffed it. Coudn't figure out what that scent was...took me a few minutes of intense sniffing before I realized. It was the smell of....the VET!! They were xrays. I immediately exited the car. To hell with that - I signed up for a hike, not torture.

The human laughed (so insulting) and insisted I get into the car. We drove toward the off leash park, so I got all excited. Perhaps I had been mistaken?

An unexpected left turn shut me up.

We parked, and went into a very nice place that has food. I smelled it immediately and headed straight for the food shelves. Met a very nice woman upon entering the building, and then Dr. Honda came out and said hi to me. I liked her immediately (and not just because she had food in her pockets), gave her some Storm kisses. We spent quite a bit of time together. She felt my legs, back, hips. It felt good, actually. Kind of like a massage. Wasn't so thrilled with her looking into my ears, but I let her. And then she put me in a headlock and someone stuck a needle in me. I forgave her...more kisses. I think she' s my new vet, and sense she'll be a good ally as I move into my senior years.

Met a four month old Doberman named Kato yesterday. He had massive paws! We had a good time on our hike.

No comments: