Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We had a really nice walk last night.

The day was very hot, but the evening cooled down just enough to make it a perfect summer night.

We started off for our usual trek along the lake, walking slowly over to the park and skirting the shoreline, looking for squirrels and groundhogs and any other potential meals in the form of small mammals.

Near Burloak, we climbed down to the rocks and started to walk along those. I sniffed for voles, the human just looked around.

When we reached our "favourite" rock, she sat down. I stood for a minute, then joined her, sitting with my back up against her side while I sniffed the air. I eventually gave in and laid down on the rock beside her, continuing to sniff the air and keep my eye on the area surrounding us. Ducks swam by, gulls flew over head, a few geese went by.

Quite a nice way to spend an evening.

No comments: