Monday, June 4, 2012

My man

This is my current boyfriend, Riley.

Over my life, I've loved some handsome men.

Mazzy was a huge wolf/german shepherd/rotty mix.

Vimy...oh, he was a handsome German shepherd. I acted like an idiot every time I saw him. Lost my composure completely. I even went back to him after he bit me.

Riley I, the boy I met in 2007, lived down the street. The German shepherd next door, I guess you could say. It was love at first sight.

And now, Riley II. Truly the boy next door.

Yeah, he's a bit smaller - and younger - than me.

Who's to say you can't love a man who isn't as big as you?

We gaze at each other from our back yard balconies. Leave treats for each other on our doorsteps. I run to him when I see him. Even let him hang off  my jowls once (normally I would eat any dog who tried that).

We have our differences. He's all about the love. I'm all about protecting the territory.

But we have more in common. We love eating grass. We love eating bunny shit. I mean, really, it's all about what you have in common, right?

No comments: