Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Crazzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyy Wet Dog

I don't know what it is about being wet - but it makes me nuts. As soon as I've been in a lake, river, or puddle - or survived the hell of a backyard rinse or bath - all I want to do is run. Like Superman goes into a booth as Clark Kent and comes out in his cape as Superman, I go into the water as Storm...

...and come out as Crazy Wet Dog (cue superhero music).

ALL over the house or yard or wherever I am - I am like a dog possessed, running and jumping and wiggling my ass all over the place.

Tonight, I think I had the best time ever.

Lesli and I went to Bronte - it was a perfect night for an off leash run. After a week of heat and humidity, it's 13 degrees tonight. I found my big mud puddle twice - it felt great. Ran through the long grass after my dip. But my paws and belly were muddy, so I ended up in the yard when we got home for the dreaded rinse.

Then...I ran.

Into the house.

Up the stairs.

Lesli could hear the thuds coming from the second floor as I ran up and down the stairs...jumped on a bed...smashed my face into the pillows....off the bed...onto another bed...(yes Grandma, I jumped on your bed. I'm sorry.)....then we played chase through the house...and I flew onto the bed so fast that I almost overshot it.

What pure joy. What a marvellous feeling.

Life is wonderful, isn't it?

No comments: