Saturday, February 14, 2009

It's Valentine's Day, and, even though I'm a dog and we do not celebrate your strange human holidays, I have a story to tell you.

I met a cute guy online!

He left a comment on my blog, so I checked him out.

OMG.

You know how I like men of my breed...how, even though I'm a tough girl, I go all silly around them. Vimy in Ottawa, Riley here in Burlington, that handsome shepherd I met at Bronte a few weeks ago and exposed my belly to. This guy is gorgeous - and I think he's sable, just like my mom was. His name is Gundo....how cool is that? His favourite foods include small dogs and cat fritters, just like me. He doesn't cry, just like me. He watches people carefully and protects his human, just like me. He has a strong prey drive, just like me. He says he likes watching Shutzhund. If he does Shutzhund, well, I'm toast. The canine version of my human's SWAT weakness. Can't fight it.

Is this the canine version of online dating? If only we were truly capable of communicating. If I met him, I'd likely exhibit all of the behaviours that prompted Tara and Heidi, our former neighbours in Ottawa, to refer to me as a tramp (whatever that is).

My human and I are spending Valentine's Day together. Went for a nice walk early this morning and saw a really pretty sunrise, very pink. In about an hour, we're meeting up with Cosmos and Diane to hike the Bruce Trail. Then I suspect we'll come home for nap before enjoying a yummy dinner.

I'm going back to my power nap in preparation for a hard hike.

No comments: