Monday, July 27, 2009

Seventeen days since I last posted?

Wow. Sorry about that.

I've been feeling pretty lazy lately. Even though it hasn't been a hot summer, I'm kicking back, not doing much. Going for my daily walks (or crawls...feeling my age lately), snoozing on the nice, cool floor, stealing things from the garbage, eating goose poo and toilet paper rolls. Nothing new or exciting.

I did get a new collar on Friday. Frankly, it really pissed me off at first. It goes around my snout, to give the human pain-free (for me) power steering, and to protect my neck and back from corrections (as if I, innocent, sweet German shepherd that I am, would ever need correcting). At first, I despised it. Tried to get it off, thrashed around like a trout. However, it quickly became apparent that whenever I showed signs of accepting it and behaving, I received a piece of kibble. So I behave more often now. I even let a cyclist go by me on the sidewalk without attempting to murder him on Saturday (and received a yummy kibble in return).

More soon. Gotta rest my weary bones. I hurt lately - human and vet are trying to figure out why.

No comments: