Monday, August 6, 2007

Heatwaves = Tired German Shepherds


We have been in the first real heatwave of summer for about a week, and I'm dyin' here. Lesli sleeps with me in the living room so I don't have to go upstairs, where it's even hotter. We have air conditioning, but she's trying to do the right thing and keep it set pretty high. I say screw the environment and the bank account and crank up the a/c. And I think my telepathic messaging system has almost penetrated her slow human mind...she's starting to think the same thing.

I've spent my days being uber-lazy so I don't have many stories to tell. There was a morning last week when one of my dreams came true. I managed to break free of her while I was chasing Mr. Bunny. Can't tell you how excited I was - I chased that stupid rabbit all over the place, while Lesli was shouting "Storm, here!". YEAH, RIGHT!!! Like I'm coming back for a tiny piece of venison/salmon treat when I can have a whole rabbit?!?!?! In the end, she caught me as I ran by and my taste of freedom was over.

I've had a few swims in Lake Ontario, some sloooowwwwwww walks and a few good squirrel chases. But I'm mainly laying around and waiting for the heat to break.

I'm posting a picture from last weekend - treed a black squirrel and was patiently waiting for the tasty little guy to come back down and say hello to me. If you look closely at my mouth, you will see I was more than ready for him....

No comments: