Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Storm the Campaign Policy Wonk

Lesli worked from home Sunday. It was nice to have the time together. Even if she was working, we took the odd break and went for short walks together, and I snuggled up on the couch next to her while she wrote for the campaign. Once when she went upstairs, I moved over to her spot in front of the laptop and inserted some policy I thought was missing from the speech. Not sure if they noticed. She caught me just after I had finished. We will see if my policy recommendations make headlines.

I've had some adventures this week. I chased a couple of red tailed hawks who were engaged in a noisy battle in the sky. I figured I could catch them. Almost caught a snake. Went to the lake for a short dip last night. And this morning, I saw what is apparently referred to as a possum among humans. It was on a fence - must be the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Because of that factor, I barked my brains out at it. I'm convinced the people living in the house there appreciated the pre-dawn wakeup call.

Then this morning, the river otter (who the human has named Bert) made a long appearance. I believe he comes in peace, so I don't bark at him (yet). He sat up on his hind legs and checked us out for quite some time this morning. It was like an otter/human/canine stand off, with everyone thinking, holy crap, what's that? Then he wandered down onto the rocks and played a bit. Still close to us. It was cool. We like Bert the River Otter.

Back to my nap. It's really hot - I'm lazy today.

By the way, now that I am offically a political policy wonk, I will now refer to the off-leash dog park as the OLDP.

No comments: