Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Shoe

Last night I decided to head to the basement with Lesli while she did some laundry. When I got down there, I encountered the most joyous smell. It was the smell of Adam. I tracked it to the things he has stored in our basement while he is away. Oh, my, was I happy. I sniffed his guitar case and wagged my tail excitedly. Was he in the case? I couldn't tell! If he was, he didn't seem inclined to come out. Somewhat disappointed, I moved on.

I wandered under his desk, turned around a few times and wiggled my bum while I sniffed everything around me.

Adam, Adam, Adam. Everywhere, I could smell Adam. But where was he??

I discovered some small green bags. The more I sniffed them, the more excited I got. Finally, I emerged from under the desk. With the Holy Grail of Adam. A shoe. Ohhhhhhhhh how wonderful!!
I wiggled over to the stairs, shoe in my mouth, ears back, beyond happy. I slowly made my way up the stairs (not easy when your body is wiggling so much) and wandered around the house for awhile with the shoe gently but securely in my mouth. I finally set it down by the dishwasher.

Lesli says I can keep it close to me as a reminder of Adam.

No comments: