Friday, November 23, 2007

First Snow of Winter 2007!

We had our first snowfall yesterday. When we woke up in Kincardine and grandma let me out for a pee, you could have knocked me over with a feather. The grass was covered in snow, and big fat flakes were coming down.

I ran in it! I drove my nose through it like a plow! I rolled in it! I peed on it!

The human and I drove home to Burlington in it - that wasn't a whole lot of fun, but, once we made it, we headed straight to Bronte.

And out came my inner puppy.

To hell with the aching back!

More running! More self playing! I chased sticks, snowflakes, birds and whatever else I could find. I ran through the fields while more big, fat flakes fell on my face. I ate it with reckless abandon, biting at the snow on the ground and devouring it. I rolled in it - over and over, wiggling on my back. I ran my snout through it and basically experienced every ounce of joy I could squeeze out of it. And I peed on it - over and over and over.

I can't tell you what it is about snow that we dogs love so much. Maybe that there's just so much you can do in it - it's fluffy, it's cool, and it's fun. You humans should just let go and try letting your inner puppies out a bit more often when it snows. Don't worry about the roads, shoveling the driveway. Go outside and make snow angels, play with your dogs. Have fun! Live the miracle of it!

As for me, it's time to rest. I've exhausted myself.

No comments: