Monday, November 19, 2007

Dog Park Adventures and Handsome Men

What a great weekend!

The dog park was busy Saturday morning. I met a really great dog named Bentley. He's younger than I usually like - only 11 months - but I had fun with him anyway. Then we saw Hughie, the little border collie my human loves (Hughie makes cute little sounds when she pets him) and his packmate, Jade. Then there was Max, who was focused on humping Abby, a yellow lab who totally let Max hump her. She sat down once or twice, but never told him off. We were all standing around waiting for a fight and thinking, like, God, tell him off, he's being obnoxious! But she didn't. Max wisely stuck with Abby and didn't give me or Cosmo a try.

I rolled in something totally delicious - I smelled fantastic. The human thought it was just dirt. Until we got into the car. Then she smelled the amazing aroma I had draped myself in. I figured she'd like it. But our next stop was Pet Connection, the pet shop we always visit. And the location of the dreaded.....bath. I was unceremoniously dumped into a large tub, and tortured with warm water and smelly soap until the beautiful aroma of the substance I had rolled in was brutally snuffed out. Oh, I screamed and cried. But no one came back to help me.

We topped off our day with a walk with Riley. Ahhhhhhh, Riley. He's so totally hot. German shepherd, younger than me. So confident and handsome. I melt like a complete idiot whenever I see him. I suppose I've got a weakness for good looking German shepherds. I should stay away, I know. I lusted after Vimy, and he bit me. I fawn all over Riley, and find out he's got girls all over the neighbourhood. I bark at one of them, Annie, whenever I get the chance. She acts all sweet and nice, but I know better. I know it's a ploy to steal my man. I should walk away. But I can't stop myself.

My human has good looking cops. I have good looking German shepherds. And neither one of us is very good at walking away from them!

No comments: