Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Blizzard!

We had a HUGE blizzard on Sunday! It hit during the night on Saturday. When we went for our early morning migration Sunday, we had to turn back. At that point, there was a break in the snow and nature was delivering us a lovely combination of ice pellets and driving winds. The ice was hurting my eyes, so we went home and decided to go out again later. When we went for our second walk, it was crazy. Tons of snow, hard to see. I loved it! We found Riley and his human across the street and we all went for a walk together in the snow. By the time it ended late Sunday night, it was hard to walk in the backyard. It came up to my chest. Lesli shoveled out a path and a pee area for me, which made it easier.

Yesterday's walk at Bronte rocked. We broke trail for a lot of it. Cosmo and I played, romped, rolled, plowed our faces through the snow. You'd think I would be tired enough to be nice at the end of the walk when faced with an apparently egregious transgression by one of the dogs we'd been hanging out with. But screw that. Archie came too close to my car. I told him to back off, and he didn't . So I let him have it. He fought back, and it escalated until my human pulled me out of it by my prong collar. And broke her nail in the process (apparently this is considered a tragedy in human circles, especially since she just got her manicure on Saturday. Whatever.)

Diane shoved me into my car and I sat quietly. I had a feeling I was in some trouble. I was right. Got a stern talking to during the drive to get the post-walk coffee ("do YOU pay for the car? NO! Are YOU the alpha dog here? NO! Do I need YOU to defend MY car? NO!!!!), and there was a consultation with a trainer last night. So I guess I will wait and see what fresh hell awaits me next time I decide to defend the car territory.

No comments: