Saturday, December 22, 2007

There's Something Strange Going On

We're in Kincardine for Christmas, and it took me awhile to settle. I know Lesli told me that Bristol was gone, but I suppose I really hadn't accepted it. I came into the house carefully, tail low, ears back, ready to assume the most submissive pose possible to avoid having my ass kicked. Piper came to the door to say hi, but no Bristol. I went into the house, walked around. No Bristol. I was a bit stressed about it. I started to pant. Lesli and I went upstairs for awhile, and she got me to smell a small cardboard box - I have no idea why. I didn't recognize any scent there. I spent about two hours panting and trying to figure it out. I think I get it now. She's gone. It's nice not having to worry about being submissive all the time, but I really miss her.

I was tortured yesterday. The human took me to Pet Connection, put me in a tub and then tortured me with water.

Yes, yes, yes, I know I like swimming, going into the lake and generally plopping down into any puddle or creek I find.

So it seems somewhat insane that a bath should cause such trauma.

Sorry, can't explain it for you. It just is.

I screamed for most of last night's bath. Tried to hang myself once by jumping out of the tub while the collar was still around my next and affixed to the wall. Lesli saved me. I was ready to end it all. I couldn't take any more. After the water torture, she brought out a hose and blew air all over me while I continued to stand in the tub.

It was ridiculous.

I continued to scream, but no one came to save me.

And now my nice smell is gone, once again replaced by some floral scent humans believe is attractive. I think it's hideous.

I think I'll go back to my nap. Before I do, I'd like to send a shout out to the nice person who left the Swiss Chalet chicken takeout hanging from the garbage can at the off leash dog park last night. It was so easy for me to pull it out of the can while Lesli walked ahead, and I got a few chicken bones in before she stopped me! She called the person a few choice names - I don't get it. Who cares if it can kill you if it tastes so damned good? Besides, I don't pay the vet bills.

No comments: