Sunday, July 20, 2008

Another weekend, another bath

It's been a busy weekend for a middle aged dog. We went to Kincardine Friday after the human finished work. I slept the entire way - except for when we were about ten minutes away from the house. I woke up because the car stopped. When I looked out the window (which the human rolled up very quickly upon stopping), there were horses on the road, and two dogs circling our car. I barked my brains out and told them in NO uncertain terms what I thought of them being so close to our car. It was a bit insulting to see how little they cared.

Lesli got out of the car, and so did a man in a car behind us. The man went to the farmhouse to tell the owners their horses were loose, and Lesli worked to keep the dogs off the road. My job was to bark and bark and bark and keep everyone alerted. I think I did very well. A lady came out to get the horses and dogs off the road, and we continued our journey.

I was really wound up after that, so I was super excited when we got to the house. I looked in through the back door glass, and I could see Piper - and Sophie and Evelyn! I went in and we all had an awesome greeting. I did some sniffing around the property and then just chilled out. I'm not used to being around kids - I would say I did very well with all the energy and hugs and poking and stuff.

They left the next day and things got quiet. Piper and I went for a walk and saw a bunny, and then chilled out in the air conditioning after our walk. Later on, the human gave me another damned bath. I didn't cry. I'm starting to just give up to the fact that she's gonna torture me with these things. One good thing - when she finished, there was plenty of property for me to run around on and roll in the grass and do the totally crazy wet dog thing!

I think we're heading home soon. I'll bark at a few cows and horses, and then have a nap in the car. It's hot, too, so I'm not really exerting any energy I don't have to.

No comments: