Friday, September 26, 2008

I chased a bird away tonight

Went to Bronte tonight. Great night - not too hot, ran into Bentley and his mom. Good times all around. Until I spotted the bird. I'm used to chasing crows, seagulls, hawks, geese. If they fly by, I chase them away so they don't threaten my pack. But this bird, man, it was different. It was huge, and it appeared to be coming right toward us.

I stared it down, cocked my head, assessed the threat level and determined that it did, in fact, need to be chased away. I started to bark at it and took off at full speed across the tall grasses, chasing it while I looked up, barked and continued to track its progress. After a few seconds, the bird passed over us and appeared to have heeded my warning. It kept going.

Good decision, cause you don't wanna mess with me.

No comments: