Monday, January 19, 2009

I went for a hike at a new place with Cosmos yesterday, a mill near Waterdown. What an awesome hike. There was a lot of fresh snow, and big, fat snowflakes falling while we walked. Lots of hills to run up and down, too. Cosie and I led the way, attacking the snow, running away from it, plowing our heads through it and generally acting like two puppies. We'd bonk into each other, bounce off each other and run. We explored, sniffed, ate snow, occasionally checked to see that the humans were still behind us, smelled the air and listened to the sounds of the forest and the water.

Seriously, it was totally awesome.

We got home mid-afternoon and I was zonked for the rest of the day. In fact, I took it upon myself to head upstairs to bed just after 7:30, before the human went up. Not a common occurrence. It was a good tired, the kind you get when you've had a ton of exercise and fresh air, you know?

No comments: