Monday, January 12, 2009

Yesterday's off leash romp at Bronte was beyond fun. I had to wear my muzzle, because there were a lot of new dogs there, but that didn't get in my way. The snow was awesome - perfect, fluffy and cold, great for a girl with a fur coat to roll around in, plow her face through, and run in. I chased a hawk out of a clearing, met a couple of new dogs and behaved myself, and sniffed a whole bunch of things.

Near the end of our walk, things got even better. We were walking with Chance and her mom when my human spotted a green bulldozer/plow thing. To me, it just looked like giant prey. Lesli stepped on my leash as soon as she saw it so I couldn't take off after it. I wanted to laugh, but decided, instead, to let her think it was working. As soon as the large green prey passed us, I launched myself at it with every ounce of strength I have (which is significant). The leash came out from under her foot and I was off. She figured there was nothing to worry about, told Chance's mother "she'll never catch it...she'll be back".

What planet does she live on?

I caught the plow and ran alongside it, barking at its giant round legs and what appeared to be a huge mouth on the front of it. By now, I could vaguely hear the human running behind me, calling my name. Like I was going to stop!

Eventually, I tired of the game and had chased the prey far enough away from the pack. I returned to the pack (and knew I was in her bad books...). She ignored me. We continued on the trail with Chance and her mom. They realized I wasn't with them again, looked back, and spotted me. I was working hard...trying to make the most of the limited time I knew I had...the human figured my leash was caught...started to head towards me...so I worked even harder...and smashed my muzzle into the pile of dog barf I had found. It was nearly impossible to get any of it with a snow covered muzzle on, but, by god, I tried.

Um, our walk ended after that.

Don't get why.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Laughing here.....I've read a few of your posts.

I think I will start at the beginning when I return from work!

I have 3 GSD's, and none of them have a blog. Too busy spending their time figuring out ways to worry or foil me I 'spose.....

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.