Monday, October 1, 2007

Our Perfect Sunday

Lesli and I had a whole day together yesterday. It was wonderful. We went for a long walk in our neighbourhood in the morning. Then we went to Bronte. We started off at the off leash area. She thought I was a bit bored, and since it was a nice day, decided we would head over to the trails where we'd see lots of new things, and plenty of squirrels and chipmunks to keep me occupied. We hiked for a long time. The leaves were starting to turn, some were on the ground. There were chipmunks and squirrels - I was able to chase them until I hit the end of my flexi. Which hurt. But it was worth it. I went for a swim in Bronte creek, met a couple of nice beagles, and generally had a wonderful time.

For dinner, she added duck to my Evo low-fat high protein organic kibble. One of the things I love about her - she adds a bit of meat to my kibble every night, and always chooses meats I covet on our walks. Rabbit. Duck. Venison. LOVE IT. Too bad Evo doesn't offer squirrel in a can.

We went to the lake later on and sat on a rock out on the water. I laid down beside her. We watched the geese and the waves. It was really nice.

All in all, we had a near perfect human and dog day.

No comments: