Monday, January 7, 2008

Puddles

What a beautiful word.

Puddle.

Defined by humans as "a small accumulation of liquid, usually water, uncontained on a surface. A puddle is generally considered to be small enough to step over or shallow enough to walk through..."

Defined by Storm as "a small accumulation of water, sometimes clear, sometimes muddy. Generally considered to be perfect for jumping in, lying in, biting, spinning around in, splashing in and having a joyfully good romp in."

We're having a warm spell here so all the snow we had is melting - fast.

Bronte is a sea of glorious puddles.

Muddy parking lot puddles.

Clear snow puddles along the paths.

Huge field puddles - perfect for taking a running dive at and then spinning around in.

And spontaneous creeks to run and roll around in.

Puddles make me happy. I love to bite at them. I love smashing my face - and my belly - into them.

It's so warm, I bet there will be even more puddles tomorrow.

No comments: