Thursday, January 31, 2008

What is this dog THINKING?

http://www.sonnyradio.com/duckanddog.html

EAT THE DUCK FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw a herd of deer on our late afternoon hike today. Six huge deer - in the field right next to us. The human leashed me up...I really, really tried hard to drag her over to the field but she managed to hold on (got her down in the mud once, but she got back up).

So I waited.

Patiently biding my time.

Until the deer appeared to be gone, and we were on our second lap of the trail.

I stayed nice and close to the human, lulled her into a false sense of comfort. She figured, the dog doesn't see the deer anymore, it has been long enough since the dog saw the deer, the dog, with her little dog brain, has clearly forgotten the deer and is staying nice and close to her human. She is a good dog.

No.

What she is, in fact, is a brilliant dog. A dog who was waiting for precisely the right moment to make a sudden and determined break to the right and take off for the last known hangout of the deer.

Oh, ya. I played it perfectly.

But the deer were gone.

Well, actually, I did find some deer poo.

Quite tasty.

No comments: