Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stupid Dogs

Just like with humans, there are smart dogs, there are stupid dogs, and there are dogs that fall somewhere in between.

Being third on the official "smartest breed" lists, I like to think I am one of the more intelligent dogs out there (I remind you, eating toilet paper from the roll on the wall is a sign of intelligence).

The Westie we met on our morning walk today is clearly working at the other end of the spectrum.

Nice enough, I expect.

But clearly a few curds short of a poutine.

So, we're walking along, and my human spots the Westie. Knowing there was a good chance I would have myself a little barkfest over it, she put me into a sit and distracted me with treats. It was going well. I didn't give a flying you-know-what about the dog - she was feeding me.

But the little white moron had to go and be a big man.

Oh ya. I'm stuffing my face, and I hear a pathethic sound. Mr. Tough Guy would tell you it was a bark.

The Westie was actually giving me attitude - all I was doing was sitting there, and he gives me attitude?

I'm an 80 pound solid black German shepherd!

So I thought, ok, buddy. You want it - you got it.

If I hadn't been on a leash, that appetizer would not have known what hit him.

No comments: