Monday, August 4, 2008

I am a good girl!

I heard that a lot this weekend - "You're SUCH a good girl!".

We went to Ottawa for the long weekend, and visited our friends Ann, Rob and Jack, along with Link, Daisy, Buddy and a new dog, Lucy. They live out in the country, and I love going to visit them. I chased a horse there last year - good times all round. I hate the pig, but aside from that...

We arrived, and I happily greeted Daisy (she's a German shepherd, same age as me) and Buddy (he's just a huge ball of fur). I saw Link and didn't bark. I met Lucy, the new girl in the pack, and didn't try to eat her. In fact, I quite liked her.

"Storm, good girl!"

Yeah, ok. Whatever.

Rob was home when we arrived. I used to have a crush on him. Tried to steal him from Ann one time when I stayed over there. It didn't work and I've moved on. But still, was glad to see him.

Ann came home and I was super happy to see her. Jack was with her. Man, has he changed. He's two now. Walking, talking, running, playing, making tons of noise. No fear of dogs - and he liked me a lot.

I was pulled, poked, prodded and harrassed all freaking weekend. Even though I can be one tough bitch, I knew full well I could do nothing about it.

When I ate my breakfast and dinner, he "helped" me by playing around in it and selecting key pieces of kibble to hand feed me. He pulled my dish out of my face, stuck his hands all over my snout while I ate. I just ignored it and kept eating.

Garnered me plenty more "good girl!"(s).

A couple of times he pulled my ear and it hurt enough that I cried out. But I still didn't do anything but sit there. He poked me in the eye with his finger - suppose he wanted to see what my eyeball felt like - and I let him. I looked at my human, who was always nearby, like I wanted to eat her, but I took it.

Two reasons why. First, I learned well - I know this cute little demon is a precious member of our pack.

Second, take a look at the photo. I should think it's self-explanatory.

My patience paid off when he plopped down beside me on the floor and opened up his yummy box of cookies for me. He fed me one after another, and even offered up the box so that I could stick my face right in and gorge myself.

Yep.

Jack's my little bud.

I tell you though, am I ever wiped out after that weekend. I slept for the whole drive home, slept all afternoon, and I even cuddled with Lesli. It's gonna take me a few days to get over this toddler experience.

No comments: