Sunday, August 24, 2008

I was a bad dog today

Look, I'm bored and my arthritis hurts and it's about two thousand degrees out, so I am also uncomfortable.

So don't blame ME for what happened.

She knows I don't like the little yippy dogs the old people in our neighbourhood walk. They always yip at me and I have an overwhelming urge to shut them up.

What she was thinking when she let me go up and say hi to one that came right out of one of the homes, I'll never know.

Suspect she was lulled into a false sense of security by the fact that the residence employee who was walking the little black furball was relaxed and that the so-called "dog" (more like a squirrel, if you ask me) just waltzed right up to me with no fear at all.

The human thought, ok, human and "dog" are relaxed, maybe Storm will be relaxed, too.

No way in hell.

I sniffed the furball. Then I attacked.

Unfortunately for me, the human retained just enough common sense to be prepared for that possibility and she yanked me back before I could really have any fun.

She told me to lay down on the grass. No way. I kept going crazy trying to get to the poodle.

The human finally won and I laid down. Then popped up again and started to bark. At that point, she pinned me. Didn't take me long to submit. Not in my opinion.

Unfortunately, that wee bit of fun set me up for a day of lessons and reminders that I am apparently not the boss around here and I do not need to attack nice poodles for no apparent reason, aside from being generally grumpy and hot.

I've had to work my ass off today. I've lost some privileges.

Oh, well. At least I got to have a swim later.

No comments: