Monday, May 14, 2007

Another day, another walk, another nap



We're back in Burlington after an awesome weekend visiting Lesli's parents in Kincardine.
They live in a nice house with tons of space for me to run - I can go all over the place (except off the property...those jerks put a collar on me that zaps me if I try). There are squirrels, rabbits, tons of doves to chase. They have two dogs - Bristol, another shepherd who was the first dog I got to know when Lesli brought me home as a puppy, and now Piper - a Goldendoodle. Isn't that the most embarrassing thing in the world - to be a Goldendoodle? He's irritating but nice. Bristol is old now - she's 12 - and sometimes pretty mean. I don't mess with her. She feels the need to remind me constantly that she's the boss...blah blah blah...I just go down to the ground and give in. It's easier that way.

Anyway, good weekend there running and chasing things and eating and sleeping and sniffing the air and cleaning the dishwasher with Bristol and Piper. Lesli drove us home yesterday and we ended up stuck in the car for hours on a highway. Everyone around us turned their cars off. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. I slept most of the time (see pic). But then we finally both had to pee. So Lesli took me out for a walk on the 401. I peed. Then she put me back in the car - and left! I yelled and yelled - where the HELL are YOU going??????? I watched her climb a fence then disappear into the bushes. She finally came back. Thank god. We sat for another long time. Then, she looked at me - she was all excited about something, was asking me something. Like I can understand? Next thing I know, we're driving off the 401 in our little car, down an embankment...though some deep mud tracks...then back up a steep embankment onto a dirt road. And we were finally MOVING! She was yellling - she seemed happy - so I barked too. It was great!

Lesli's brother Adam came over for dinner last night. I love him. I can't stand it when he comes over, I get so excited. Couldn't find the right offering gift to go along with my standard greeting. Finally settled on one of Lesli's running shoes. He seemed pleased with the gift.
I'd like him more if he gave me some of the garlic bread and pasta I was clearly telling him I wanted.

So, here we are, Lesli's at her desk and I'm asleep on the floor after a great morning walk. Almost got the bunny we always see. So close. Tomorrow. I will try again tomorrow. In the meantime, I sleep.

No comments: