Thursday, May 24, 2007

To Pee, or Not to Pee. That IS the Question.

I was walking at Bronte Park with Bella last night. She is a ten month old German shepherd. Tan and black. I like her - we had some good play. I showed her the mud puddle at the end of the little creek that has dried up - when we came out, we both looked great. We even had mud on our faces!

Bella peed a few times during our walk, so I had to check it out and determine whether I needed to pee on top of hers. And it was, in fact, required for each pee. I didn't need to go back to check after I peed - I was satisfied that I had left my mark effectively.

Sometimes, I sniff a pole, tree or other common p-mail spots and determine that I do not need to leave my mark.

Sometimes, I sniff and determine that the spot is pee worthy.

It's not just spots where other dogs have left messages that sometimes need to be marked. Coyote poo, for example, does not require my input. But fox poo does.

I'm a girl, but I can still pee up a pole. I employ my patented Three Legged Pee technique. It's impressive.

When something is pee-worthy, I ensure I leave my mark.

Sometimes, I'm satisfied immediately and can continue on my way. Other times, I need to go back and check out what I've left there to make sure it's satisfactory before I leave. On rare occasions, I need to scratch the ground a bit to ensure my scent is right in there.

Why?

Can't tell you.

Dog secret.

Would have to kill you.

No comments: