Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Walking with Humans

Holy crap, was Lesli acting like a freak on our walk tonight. We'd be walking along, everything normal - I was sniffing things, she was looking around at flowers and yapping about seeing bunnies or something. All of a sudden, she'd start waving her hands around in front of her face. Or, ducking...like she was Muhammed Ali ducking an oncoming punch.

Except, there was nothing coming at her.

I tried to pretend I didn't notice at first.

Looked around, hoping that, despite the leash, people would think I wasn't associated with the freak beside me.

Kept my head up. Looked as stunning as ever. Begging everyone through my body language "plesae, don't judge me by my human".

She kept doing it. Ducking. Swatting the air.

And then I figured it out - HUGE swarms of little bugs! At human level!

Still...even though there was a good reason...it was pretty damned embarrassing.

She's working tonight - went into the city today and left me on my own for awhile. It's strange when she leaves now. We're together so much. I like being together. But I also like my routine.

Get up, big stretch, walk, pee, poo, chase bunnies, go to water, chase geese, walk through park, chase squirrels, come home, collar off, same words every morning "ok boo boo, ready for breakfast???", eat breakfast like it's my last meal, lick plate with peanut butter on it, curl up beside Lesli while she watches the morning news, endure kiss on nose when she goes up for shower, nap upstairs while she works or nap downstairs while I wait for Kim, my dog walker. Walk again, chase more things. Come home. Nap. Greet Lesli when she gets home. Eat dinner. Walk. Nap. Endure "Boo boo, ready for night nights?". Every...single...night. Get help up onto bed. Take over bed. Sleep.

WHAT A LIFE.

No comments: