Thursday, October 23, 2008

The fun continues

I gave up more quickly last night. I tried to get onto the couch, tried to get onto the loveseat, settled into my dog bed. When we went to bed, I put my paws up onto the bed for my usual lift up. Instead, she took my paws, set them onto the floor and led me to my dog bed. I just gave up and laid down. It's really comfy, and it is right beside her bed, so essentially we are still sleeping right next to each other, it's just that she's higher now.

On our walk this morning, some moron came flying out of a driveway on his bike and turned to come right at us on the sidewalk, in the dark. Clearly an Einstein award candidate. He frightened both of us. I barked at him, the human led me off the sidewalk and stood in front of me so I sat down. I felt calm more quickly than I would have before.

Oh, and last night - this is totally freaky - while we were on our evening walk, I was trotting along beside her, and a squirrel was about six feet from me on a lawn. I glanced at it, but kept on walking.

I find myself following her around the house a lot more lately. We played hide and seek again last night, which was fun. But after that, everywhere she went, I went. When she cooks, I lay on the kitchen floor. When she has a shower, I lay outside the bathroom door. If she's on the computer, I'm just outside in the hall. I used to be much more independent than this - although, last night I did enjoy a bit of fresh air while laying out in the yard on my own.

No comments: