Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Stampede

My human came back to get me today! I was beside myself with happiness when I saw her at the door. I grabbed one of grandma's gardening gloves as a gift offering and wiggled all over the place, squealing. We all hung out for a few hours at the house. Piper and I played, checked out the property a few times, sniffed trees etc. Then the human loaded me into the car and we hit the road.

My window was rolled down and it was a beautiful, sunny, cool fall day. I stuck my whole head out the window a few times. The air was fresh, there were smells and sounds filling each moment. I savoured it.

The best moment, by far, happened while we were driving down Northline. It's a nice country road with farms, trees, horses - and fields full of cows.

I had my head out the window when we drove by one of those fields. There must have been thirty or forty cows, adults and babies, grazing, a big group of them close to the fence bordering the road.

As we approached, I gave them my loudest, fiercest German shepherd bark.

They turned en masse - the babies, the grown ups - and ran! They freaked out and ran away from me!

It was a stampede! A Storm induced Stampede!

Immensely satisfied with this, I laid down in the back sleep and had a nap.

No comments: