Wednesday, October 22, 2008

She's not kidding

I tested the human last night.

After we got home from our run at Bronte.

I decided to get up and join her on the couch. Surfed it, put my paw up. She pushed my paw off.

Confused, I stood there for a moment and tried to figure out what had just happened.

Stepped over to the loveseat, surfed it with my chin, decided if the couch was out of the question, the loveseat would do as a backup.

Damned if she didn't get up and push me off.

Again, I stood, confused. Contemplating my next move.

I headed to the wingback chair. Put my paw up.

Pushed off again.

Now I was put out. I stood there. Stared at the human. She stared back.

I tried the couch again.

Pushed off.

I tried the loveseat again.

Pushed off.

Jesus murphy.

I gave my dog bed a try. Apparently that was ok. I wasn't pushed off that.

We went to bed after awhile. I cried for her to help me up. She ignored me. Signaled that I should sleep on my dog bed. Fine. I did.

But during the night, I wanted up on the bed. I cried. I stared at her. I even barked quietly. She ignored me. I kept doing it. She guided me to my dog bed. This happened a few times during the night.

I admit, I'm confused.

No comments: