Monday, October 20, 2008

WTF??

Sundays, we usually walk, hang out, go for a long hike, hang out, stuff like that.

I don't know what the hell was up with yesterday (but I think I like it).

We walked. Did the morning coffee thing. Next thing I know, we're in the car. Going for a hike, I figured. Until we ended up in a totally new place. It was cool - we walked up a big hill, explored this new park for about half an hour. Then we went into a room with a bunch of people and a few dogs. There was Maya, the golden doodle, Sophie, a pug (she was so totally funny looking!), Jersey, a mix but a really pretty dog with awesome eyes, me and another dog whose name I don't know. She's deaf.

And there was this guy. He came to take me from my human, paraded me around, looked really deeply at me - and, well, so much has changed since then. This guy, I liked him. He had some scratches on his arms, so I licked them for him. He's bossy - but you know, I can totally relax around him. Like, once, my human was eating something. I was sitting by her, and Jersey came over to check things out. I let it go for a few minutes, and when she overstayed her welcome, I gave her a few barks to tell her to get outta there. Then I figured I'd give her a few more. The guy came over, took my leash and, when I still didn't shut up, popped me and told me not to be rude.

I suppose he's the alpha and he can take care of those things instead of me.

It's really nice to be able to relax, to be honest. He got me to play a totally awesome hide and seek game with my human - seriously, it was a riot. I loved it. Apparently we're going to play it every day at home now.

I was exhausted at the end of the day. When we left, us dogs were all pretty relaxed around each other (unlike when we first showed up). The human went for dinner, I napped in the car. Next thing I know, that alpha guy is waking me up, sneaking up on my car. Trying to pull one over on me. They opened up the door, and I jumped out - without my leash - I didn't even contemplate taking off around him. Oh - and he made the human get rid of my prong collar. I have a new one now that doesn't hurt. It surprises me sometimes, but no pain! I like this guy.

My human is going to try to be more like him. She hasn't spoken to me since last night, so now I'm trying to read her body language. She wouldn't let me sleep in the bed, and I've heard rumours that I'm not allowed on the furniture anymore either.

Maybe, now, I can relax. Maybe now I won't have to protect us all the time. Maybe now, we'll play together.

Maybe now, I'll get to just be a dog.

No comments: