Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ok....I'm liking this...

Well, those days (to the left) are gone.

Change is hard but I suppose it's not always bad.

Last night, I received a clear indication that I am not allowed on the furniture anymore. I stepped up onto my loveseat and got ready to lay down. The human came over and pushed me off. I did not go easily. I was like, what are you doing?? She didn't say anything to me, just continued to move me off. After a few seconds of justifiable confusion, I chose my dog bed as a backup location and went to sleep there.

This morning, she was on the loveseat. I put my paw on the edge in preparation for getting up there - our usual morning routine. She put her hand in front of my face so fast that it startled me a bit - I aborted my plan to sit beside her on the sofa, opting to lay on the carpet in front of her instead.

I really don't know what's gotten into her. When she came home from work last night, she didn't speak to me. But I knew she was glad to see me - she knelt down and opened her arms wide, so I ran to her and we were happy together. Then she leashed me up and we went for a long walk together. Strange - but when a bulldozer went by, I felt calm. I hardly noticed it (I traditionally consider those mortal enemies that must be vigorously defended against). Same thing with a dump truck that went right by us on a side street, and an old lady in a walker. The human moved me over to the grass, out of old lady striking range, but she did it with her body and was calm. I ignored the old lady.

When we got home from our walk, we played the same game we played Sunday with that guy I liked. She made me sit and stay, then hid on me! I had to find her - omg, I was so freaking happy when I found her!!

I slept on my dog bed on the floor, beside her higher bed, again last night. Piper was actually with me. I didn't try to get onto the human's bed last night.

So, anyhoo, stuff is kind of upside down right now. But, I gotta tell you, it's not upside down in a bad way. I'm kind of relieved.

No comments: