Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Relapse

A girl is allowed at least one relapse after she says she is over a guy, right?

I think that's realistic and fair.

Mostly because I had one this morning.

It started with the grey pickup truck that was backing out of a driveway we passed on our early walk. I saw it - and I thought, MIKE???? I pulled so hard on my leash to get to the truck and find out if it really was him, if he had finally returned to me.

Even as we walked away, I turned and gazed at the truck while the human dragged me.

A few minutes later, there was another truck. Again, if I had been off leash, I would have run after it like it was a long lost love.

Frankly, every truck that passed us this morning gave me hope. I looked at each one with renewed excitement and hope, and tried to run after them all.

But none of them was Mike.

I had a good play at Bronte with my friends. I think that has helped me to shake this off.

Hopefully this will be my last relapse.

I was doing so well!

No comments: