Saturday, May 10, 2008

SOOOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE!

OMG OMG!! I almost caught a squirrel this morning! ON LEASH!

Stupid squirrel.

It was playing with three of its friends among some big trees. I stalked them, slowly making my way over to where they were. They all ran up a tree. I sprinted over, figuring the usual would happen - they would make it safely up the tree, I'd sit at the base of it and bark before the human snapped my collar and told me to shut up.

But one of the squirrels, clearly the mentally challenged one, ran back down the tree right to where I was waiting. It happened so fast - squirrel came down, ran right under my nose, I gave chase, squirrel got confused, went left, right, stopped - I did the same.

It was right by my mouth.

If it wasn't for the leash, and the quick but shocked actions of the evil human, that squirrel would have been mine.

Wow, what a way to start my day.

No comments: