Sunday, May 4, 2008

Wow

What a great day.

It started with an early morning walk. The sun was rising, the birds were busy, the air was cool but not cold. Perfect for a girl with a thick fur coat. We walked for a long time, I sniffed a lot of air, peed on plenty of other dogs' pee and left my mark all along our path. We stopped at our spot on the lake, and a flock of seven trumpeter swans flew right by us and landed. I didn't even try to chase them - I just stared at them. It was freaky.

After our walk, we had breakfast. Mine, as always, was delicious. Then I got to lick Lesli's plate after she had her breakfast. I followed that with a great nap (interrupted only twice by the human petting me).

We went to Bronte mid-morning for an off leash romp. It was sunny, still cool, and perfect. I ran, jumped in a few puddles, met a couple of dogs, sniffed the air, peed a lot and chased a few birds. On our way home, I got to lick Lesli's mocha cup. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Next up, a peanut butter kong (with crappy PC peanut butter....ahhhh, memories....) and fresh treats in my treaty ball. The human left. I licked my kong clean, played with my treaty ball for awhile, and then just really wanted a good, long, uninterrupted nap. I curled up in the wingback chair and snoozed.

The human came home, and I was so freaking excited to see her. I haven't felt that happy in a few days. I wiggled and cried and gave her one of my premium greetings. After she had lunch, my human said "Boo Boo, do you want to go to Bronte again?". I looked at her and cocked my head in disbelief. Bronte? Again? HELL YEAH!!! She packed me into the car, and off we went.

This time, we went to a different spot. I didn't get to go off leash, but it didn't matter - it was an awesome walk. We went through trails that were packed with trilliums, down to the creek so I could have a swim. Then we went through some marsh area to a trail not many people know about and climbed a super big hill. I saw pigs (and was pulled away before I could really have fun and bark at them) and a peacock and squirrels. We followed a little deer trail through a field - it was awesome. The human and I hung out in that field for awhile. She laid down in the grass and watched the hawks and turkey vultures, and I laid down beside her and ate the grass around me. It was so great, just hanging out in a field with my human, eating grass.

Until I saw what appeared to be a massive killer bird headed our way. I alerted, started to bark at it and warn it, stay back, bird! Don't you dare come near my human and me! It didn't listen. I barked more, and that got the human's attention. She started to laugh. I was, like, wtf? This isn't FUNNY! This huge killer bird wants to eat us!!

Apparently, this large pink bird is called a "kite" and is not a threat.

Uh, ok.

How was I supposed to know?

I'm sleepy again. Heading down for a long nap.

No comments: